Remove Ads
[Image: banner.jpg]

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GD 310 GK versus 310 GK R, price difference.
My wife and I are selling our boat/yacht and are getting ready to pull the trigger on a 310 GK. (Land yacht.) We have decided on the “R” version, but we are having a difficult time trying to determine the suggested retail price difference between the two models. Any one have an idea what that should be?
We just purchased a 310GK. The decision on a gas vs a residential fridge was high on our list. You may want to consider the repair cost and issues surrounding a residential. I was told that if it needed service that RV technicians could not service and had to call appliance repair to come to the dealer to service it. Should it need to be replaced the slide would have to be removed since the fridge won't fiit through the door. This could be quite expensive. The gas models are easier to repair or replace. Just something for consideration.
We just purchased a 310GK. The decision on a gas vs a residential fridge was high on our list. You may want to consider the repair cost and issues surrounding a residential. I was told that if it needed service that RV technicians could not service and had to call appliance repair to come to the dealer to service it. Should it need to be replaced the slide would have to be removed since the fridge won't fiit through the door. This could be quite expensive. The gas models are easier to repair or replace. Just something for consideration.
The residential fridge will fit out the door of the Solitude but you have to take the doors off fridge to get it out. The Gas fridge is about 1 inch wider than the residential fridge with both having the doors removed. Personnel I get better responds from my locally repair guy then I do from a RV dealer. We had our residential dishwasher worked on and the repair cost less than 1 hour at the RV dealer and that included parts. Cost of replacing gas fridge range between 3000 and 5000 dollars.
We bought the "R" model based on the fact that sister & b-i-l have SOB 5th wheel w/ a residential fridge - they've had zero issues w/ the unit after 3 years and were impressed w/ how quickly it cools down when getting ready for a camping trip. We've found that the Samsung in our unit also cools down rapidly and seems more consistent in holding the temp than previous Norcold/Dometic units that we've had in other RV's. After having this residential fridge, it would be hard to convince the wife and myself to go back to the other style.
Having called upon Steve to sort out our washing machine issue shortly after having my baby (yeah totally the worst time for it to stop working), I didn't realise that he could also help when our oven died. After passing over the error details, make and model Steve was honest snd told me it was better to replace the oven. Once I received the new oven Steve quickly made time to disconnect the old over, fit the new one and even took the old one downstairs so I didn't have to! He clearly knows his trade and I would happily recommend him to anyone who needs similar assistance.
Another great recommendation for Steve at The Spin Doctor. The fan element on my Baumatic oven failed so I did my research on EDF and found his details. Steve was quick to respond with a convenient time and was very accommodating when I had to change it. Steve was punctual and clearly knew his stuff. He replaced the element quickly and I had a working oven again. He takes payment by card. Steve was efficient, friendly and left no mess. Would definitely use him again.
We can provide Cooking Range repair and maintenance services to you. No matter what types of Cooker you may have in your kitchen, we can provide expert troubleshooting and repair. We provide best Cooking Range repair service.